Strawberry Orange Juice, a fresh addition to the History of Orange Juice! Can You Juice Strawberries? Yes you can! And the result, when mixed with orange juice, ginger, and lime, is refreshing and delicious! This Strawberry Orange Drink will quickly become a staple at your breakfast table. We hope you enjoy this Strawberry Juice Recipe!
Why We Love This Recipe
- Great taste! Orange juice, while always a welcome guest at any breakfast table, sometimes needs a kick in the pants with something new. Strawberry Orange Juice is a great solution. Here is why we love this recipe: you don’t lose the wonderful orange juice feel and flavor but it’s enhanced. Moreover, the strawberries elevate the orange flavors, the lime sets it back on it’s feet from being too sweet with a punch of tang, and the ginger gives it a spice that clears the palate after any breakfast meal. That’s why this Strawberry Orange Drink is one of our favorites!
- Super easy to make! Do you happen to have a few minutes? That’s about all it takes to make this Strawberry Orange Drink. You’re gonna cut the tops off some strawberries, peel a knob of ginger, run both through a juicer and then pour orange and lime juice into the mix. Think you can handle that? Now I know people ask Can You Juice Strawberries? Yes, you can. However, they are a little trickier to juice, but I’ve given you some instructions below on how to do it! So, next time you sit down at the breakfast table and think about reaching for that regular ole orange juice bottle, don’t do it! Do something new and try this Vegan Plate recipe!! Let us know what you think!
- Very healthy! Here are just a few of the ingredients in this recipe and why they are healthy.
The History of Orange Juice
Our history begins in the 1920s in the orange groves of Florida. At that point, this juice wasn’t a key actor on the breakfast table stage. It played only walk-on parts in luxurious homes. Then farming became industrialized which resulted in mass-production of oranges. Marketers put their thinking caps on to figure out how to sell all this fruit. Who would’ve ever guess that they got celebrities involved to tout the health benefits of orange juice? Like that ever happens. They began making wild claims that it was a cure-all for mostly everything. Guess what? It worked! Americans began buying orange juice in droves. Then, during World War 2, the US army became concerned about scurvy and it’s cause of tooth loos amidst troops; vitamin C rich orange juice became a ready solution which resulted in the further establishment of orange juice as a main staple. I don’t think you could find a more American juice: Industrialization, Celebrities, and World War 2! So, there you have it, The History of Orange Juice!
Strawberry Orange Juice Recipe
- Orange Juice
- Lime Juice
How To Make Strawberry Orange Juice
- Place the strawberries and ginger in a juicer and juice them together.
- Pour the strawberry and ginger juice into a container.
- Add in the orange and lime juice, stir, and refrigerate or serve with ice.
Can You Juice Strawberries?
You can! However, strawberries are a little more tricky when it comes to juicing. That’s why some prefer to just throw them in a blender. However, I wanted this recipe to have the consistency of a juice and not a smoothie. So, here are some tips on how to best juice strawberries.
- Cut off the tops (leaves) of each strawberry.
- Pick strawberries that aren’t overly ripe and mushy.
- Feed strawberries into the juicer gradually.
- Alternate between feeding strawberries into the juicer and the other ingredients in this recipe. This will help push the strawberry juice through the juicer.
- For example: feed a strawberry into the juicer then a piece of ginger.
If you enjoyed this Vegan Plate Strawberry Juice Recipe, we have plenty more you may enjoy!
- 1 cup of orange juice
- 2 cups of strawberries
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 knob of ginger
- Juice strawberries and ginger together and pour into a container
- Add orange and lime juice
- Mix well
- Refrigerate or serve with ice
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 116Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 3mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 4gSugar: 19gProtein: 2g