Spinach Peanut Butter Smoothie, made with fresh spinach, peanut butter, banana, and oat milk, this recipe is great for adding some extra greens to your diet! This Spinach Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie is great as a meal replacement for breakfast and it only takes minutes to make! What’s great about this smoothie is the flavor; you won’t taste the spinach but only rich creamy peanut butter and banana! We’re excited for you to try this Spinach Banana and Peanut Butter Smoothie!
During periods when I struggle to get enough leafy greens in my diet, I lean on this shake. I’ve been making this shake for probably the last 5 years because it’s a quick way to get a healthy breakfast in before the day gets busy. I feel full but not sluggish when I drink it routinely. I also will sometimes add a little matcha powder in for a slight jolt of healthy caffeine. What’s more, the flavor is amazing, it tastes almost solely like peanut butter and banana so it’s easy to drink! This smoothie is a great way to start your morning, especially because there are only 3 main ingredients in this recipe. When made correctly it’s very smooth and creamy yet not too heavy. If you have kids they will love it too and it’s a great way to get them to eat their greens!
Spinach Peanut Butter Smoothie Recipe
- Peanut butter
- Oat milk
How to Make a Spinach Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Blend all ingredients. Add all ingredients to a blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Chia seeds. Add some chia seeds to this recipe for extra antioxidants and energy.
- Matcha powder. I often add matcha powder to this recipe for a little boost of caffeine in the morning.
- Chocolate. Make things more exciting by turning this into a peanut butter and chocolate shake, I can’t see this going wrong!
Can I Use This Recipe as a Meal Replacement?
Yes! This recipe works great as a meal replacement for breakfast especially. Frankly it serves as a rather well-balanced meal. You have good protein from the peanut butter, good fats as well; you’re getting healthy carbs from the spinach, and plenty of potassium from the banana. Add a little matcha powder and you’ve got a great coffee replacement as well if you’re trying to limit your intake of coffee. Like I said, I’ve been drinking this for breakfast for years and I’ve noticed that my energy levels are much higher and I don’t feel hungry or sluggish! Give it a shot and let me know how it works out!
Health Benefits of Spinach
The main ingredient in this recipe which makes it healthy is spinach. That’s why we are going to take a look at a couple of the health benefits associated with spinach.
- Spinach is a powerful source of zeaxanthin and lutein, two plant compounds which are beneficial for eye health. (1)
- One study using 27 people found that eating spinach lowered blood pressure levels. (2)
- Spinach is high in fiber which may promote healthy digestion. (3)
That concludes another great recipe! Consider adding some of these healthy drinks to your weekly routine!
Healthy Drink Recipes
- Strawberry Orange Juice
- Blueberry Spinach Smoothie
- Matcha Smoothie
- Turmeric Smoothie
- Jasmine Tea
- Detox Tea Recipe
- Carrot Ginger Juice
- 1 1/2 cups oat milk
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 handful spinach leaves
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend on high until smooth, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 204Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 69mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 4gSugar: 22gProtein: 5g
The Vegan Plate attempts to provide accurate information. However, this nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. The nutritional information provided comes from online sources and calculations.