No breakfast would be complete without Breakfast Potatoes! And these are the perfect Oven Roasted Breakfast Potatoes. These potatoes are loaded with flavor; they’re tossed in melted butter and roasted with peppers and onions. This Breakfast Potatoes Recipe is easy to make and your family will love them!
Why I Love This Recipe
If you’re like me, breakfast is pretty much a vehicle to stuff my face with potatoes. It’s just another opportunity to get more spuds into my diet. I love my Breakfast Potatoes to be slightly crispy and have a nice golden brown color to them. This recipe will definitely check both of those boxes! This is also a very easy Breakfast Potatoes Recipe to make; chop up your potatoes, peppers, and onions into nice thick chunks, douse everything with melted butter, sprinkle in some seasoning, and roast it all. That’s it. And, I love that it makes a nice big batch so you’ll definitely have leftovers for the next morning.
Breakfast Potatoes Recipe
- Red potatoes
- Bell pepper – green and red.
- Yellow onion – you can also use purple onion.
- Melted vegan butter
- Olive oil – extra virgin.
- Seasonings – smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, and seasoning salt.
How To Make Breakfast Potatoes
- Heat oven. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Toss all ingredients together. Use a large mixing bowl to toss the potatoes, peppers, onion, and garlic in the olive oil, butter, and seasonings.
- Pour onto cookie sheet. Pour the mixture onto a cookie sheet in a thing single layer.
- Roast breakfast potatoes. Roast the potatoes for about 25 minutes and then increase the heat to 500 degrees F. and bake for an additional 20 minutes until they become golden brown and crispy.
I have two quick tips. First, make sure you don’t toss the ingredients in too much oil or butter. This will result in potatoes that never brown; in fact, you’ll find yourself getting frustrated as you continue to reset the timer for another 15 minutes hoping this time you’ll be able to see some crispy brown potatoes. Just follow my recipe instructions and you’ll be fine. Second, keep an eye on them and don’t set the timer for the full length of time that the potatoes are supposed to cook. I set the timer for about 10 minutes at a time so I can keep checking them. You’ll especially want to do this when you crank the oven up to 500. At that temperature, things can get burnt quickly.
These Breakfast Potatoes can be served as a side for any breakfast dish. They go great with Vegan French Toast or my Johnny Cakes recipe. You can use them to make your favorite breakfast burrito or breakfast scramble. Finally, eat them all by themselves. These are so delicious I could eat a bowl of them, no problem or questions asked.
Make This Recipe In Advance
This Breakfast Potatoes Recipe is a great one to make in advance. You can, the night before, cut up all your potatoes, peppers, and onions and store them in the fridge. That way, in the morning, you can toss everything together and roast them in the oven.
Leftover Breakfast Potatoes
If you love these Oven Roasted Breakfast Potatoes as much as I do, there likely won’t be leftovers. However, on the off chance that there are, these will keep well in the refrigerator for a few days if kept in a ziplock back or airtight container.
More Vegan Breakfast Recipes
- Easy Vegan Crepes
- Blueberry Toast
- Avocado Toast With Sprouts
- Vegan Cream Cheese
- Quinoa Oatmeal
- Chia Seed Oatmeal
- Strawberry Chia Jam
Roasted Breakfast Potatoes
No breakfast would be complete without Breakfast Potatoes! And these are the perfect Oven Roasted Breakfast Potatoes. These potatoes are loaded with flavor; they're tossed in melted butter and roasted with peppers and onions. This Breakfast Potatoes Recipe is easy to make and your family will love them!
- 10 Medium-sized red potatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 Green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 Red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons vegan butter, melted
- 1 Teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon smoked paprika
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Using a large mixing bowl, toss together the potatoes, bell peppers, onions, garlic, olive oil, butter, and seasonings.
- Pour the mixture onto a cookie sheet in a single layer.
- Roast the potatoes for about 25 minutes until they begin to soften; increase the heat to 500 degrees F. and bake for an additional 20 minutes until they become golden brown and crispy.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 204Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 145mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 4g
The Vegan Plate attempts to provide accurate information. However, this nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. The nutritional information provided comes from online sources and calculations. https://theveganplate.com/privacy-policy-2/
Leave a Reply