This Mixed Berry Salad with greens is light, refreshing and the perfect salad to serve on a warm summer day! Salad with Berries includes strawberries, black berries, and raspberries along with green onions and sliced almonds. Salad with Berries and Nuts is wonderful served with a balsamic vinaigrette because it complements the savory sweetness of the recipe.
What We Love About This Salad
- Delicious and refreshing! If you like berries (and who doesn’t) this Mixed Berry Salad is a must. I sometimes struggle with finding exciting ways to incorporate greens into my diet. This salad is a great way to overcome that hurdle. Your kids will especially love this recipe; all those shiny, juicy, and delicious berries will create good memory associations for the next time you mention the word “salad” to them.
- A quick and easy recipe. If you can cut up some strawberries and onions, mix together a little dressing, then you’re not going to find this recipe difficult to make. This salad recipe comes together in less than fifteen minutes with little to no cleanup required. Trust me, it’s that simple.
- So healthy! This Salad with Berries and Nuts recipe is pure health! Packed with antioxidant rich berries and leafy greens, you can’t go wrong. Let’s take a quick glance at a few of the ingredients in this recipe and talk about why they’re healthy. Berries are a great source of antioxidants which help minimize the damage done by unstable molecules called free radicals. Balsamic vinegar promotes weight loss, aids healthy digestion, and is believed to lower cholesterol. Leafy greens like spinach are an excellent source of iron and, according to studies, are also beneficial for lowering blood pressure.(1)(2)
How to Make Mixed Berry Salad
- Salad ingredients. Place greens, strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, onions, and almonds into a mixing bowl.
- Make dressing. Put all dressing ingredients into a mason jar, secure it with a lid, and shake well.
- Toss. Pour dressing over the salad and toss.
See, I told you this was an easy recipe! Only three simple steps my friend.
Salad with Berries is a versatile recipe with many possible variations. Here are just a few!
- Substitute spinach for mixed greens.
- Add some avocado.
- Substitute pecans or pistachios for almonds
- Add some quinoa.
- Throw in some raisins or dates.
- Substitute shallots for green onions.
More Healthy Vegan Salad Recipes
- Chopped Kale Salad
- Greek Quinoa Salad
- Southwest Quinoa Salad
- Vegan Macaroni Salad
- Cucumber Radish Salad
- Shirazi Salad
- Tomato Cucumber Salad
- Kale Caesar Salad
- Mango Avocado Salad
See all our Vegan Salad Recipes at The Vegan Plate!
- 1 (15 ounce) package mixed greens
- 1 Cup fresh raspberries
- 1 Cup, fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 Cup fresh blackberries
- 7 Green onions, sliced
- 1/4 Cup sliced almonds
For the Dressing
- 1/3 Cup olive oil
- 1/3 Cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon maple syrup
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 Teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- Place mixed greens, raspberries, strawberries, black berries, onions, and almonds in a mixing bowl.
- Pour all dressing ingredients into a mason jar with a lid on top and shake well to combine.
- Drizzle dressing over the salad ingredients and toss well.
- Sub in spinach for mixed greens.
- Add quinoa for a great protein source.
- Sub in pistachios or pecans for almonds.
- Toss in some raisings, dates, or dried cranberries.
- Sub in shallots for green onions.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 187Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 101mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 5gSugar: 7gProtein: 2g
The Vegan Plate attempts to provide accurate information. However, this nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. The nutritional information provided comes from online sources and calculations.