Mediterranean Salad is a classic Greek salad which includes chickpeas, cherry tomatoes, olives, artichokes, onions and fresh herbs, all drizzled over with a tangy lemon, garlic, and olive oil dressing. This Mediterranean Salad Recipe is light with fresh flavors but filling as a meal by itself! Mediterranean Chickpea Salad is easy to make and very healthy! You’ll love the crunch and earthy taste of fresh herbs and vegetables that are the essence of Mediterranean Chopped Salad!
This salad is something I keep as a staple in the fridge at all times. It’s so refreshing, tasty, and includes well-balanced ingredients. Chickpeas are a great source of protein, olives provide a source of healthy fats, and this recipe is loaded with vitamins and minerals which are present in the variety of fresh vegetables found in this recipe. What’s best about this recipe though is the taste and texture. They don’t call it a chopped salad for nothing; this recipe is loaded with chopped veggies and the crunchy texture is one of the most satiating aspects of the dish. We use an lemon, garlic, olive oil dressing with this recipe; it’s light but compliments the flavors of the salad well!
Mediterranean Salad Recipe
- Cherry tomatoes
- Red onion
- Fresh dill
- Fresh parsley
- Vegan feta cheese
- Lemon dressing
How to Make Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
- In a large bowl add the chickpeas, cucumber, tomatoes, olives, red onion, cucumber, artichokes, dill, parsley, and feta cheese
- Drizzle lemon dressing and toss salad.
How to Make Lemon Dressing
For this recipe you are going to need 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon of oregano. Add all ingredients into a small bowl and whisk.
What to Serve Mediterranean Salad With
Mediterranean Chickpea Salad can be eaten as a meal in itself; this salad recipe is a well balanced dish. It contains healthy proteins, fats, and carbohydrates. However, if you’re looking for great recipes to accompany this Mediterranean Chopped Salad, consider serving it alongside a soup such as our Ribollita Soup or with some good bread.
Don’t forget to check out my recipe for Homemade Croutons to go with this salad recipe!
- Add nuts. Consider adding either pine nuts, almonds, cashews, or pistachios.
- Fresh herbs. Fresh basil would work well in this recipe in addition to dill.
- Vegan cheese. If you’re not a fan of Vegan feta, consider using Vegan parmesan cheese.
- Extra veggies. Consider adding celery, bell peppers, and carrots.
- Other protein options. You can experiment with using a different type of bean. White beans may work well with this recipe.
Health Benefits of Chickpeas
Chickpeas are a healthy source of protein. So, let’s take a look at some of the health benefits of chickpeas.
- One study revealed that chickpeas may aid in weight loss (1).
- Another study revealed that chickpeas may help regulate blood sugar levels (2).
- Chickpeas are rich in fiber which is beneficial for healthy digestion (3).
Thanks for joining us for this classic salad recipe! Here are some other salad recipes you’ll love
Vegan Salad Recipes
- Avocado Tomato Salad
- Greek Quinoa Salad
- Cucumber Radish Salad
- Greek Potato Salad
- Strawberry Arugula Salad
- Shirazi Salad
- Vegan Potato Salad
- Mango Avocado Salad
- Southwest Quinoa Salad
- Vegan Macaroni Salad
- Mixed Berry Salad
Mediterranean Salad is a classic Greek salad which includes chickpeas, cherry tomatoes, olives, artichokes, onions and fresh herbs, all drizzled over with a tangy lemon, garlic, and olive oil dressing. This Mediterranean Salad Recipe is light with fresh flavors but filling as a meal by itself! Mediterranean Chickpea Salad is easy to make and very healthy! You'll love the crunch and earthy taste of fresh herbs and vegetables that are the essence of Mediterranean Chopped Salad!
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 English cucumber, halved, sliced into coins
- 3/4 cup Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup red onion, cut into slivers
- 1 (7 oz) jar artichokes, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup Vegan feta cheese
For the Lemon Dressing
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 cloves of garlic, smashed and minced
- In a large bowl add the chickpeas, cucumber, tomatoes, olives, red onion, artichokes, dill, parsley, and feta cheese
- Drizzle lemon dressing and toss salad.
For the Dressing
- Combine all ingredients into a small bowl and whisk.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 244Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 383mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 7gSugar: 5gProtein: 7g
The Vegan Plate attempts to provide accurate information. However, this nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. The nutritional information provided comes from online sources and calculations.
Leave a Reply