Matcha Smoothie, a great way to get your greens and a health dose of caffeine! If you are wondering How To Make A Matcha Smoothie, look no further; this Matcha Smoothie Recipe is both easy to make, delicious, and healthy! The Health Benefits of Matcha Green Tea are many and if you love bananas, you’re in luck because the bananas in this recipe add a creaminess to it! I’d almost call this a Matcha Banana Smoothie!
Why We Love This Recipe
- Amazing taste! While it’s true that spinach is healthy, I don’t always want to taste it. That’s what is great about this Matcha Smoothie Recipe, the spinach flavor is virtually non-existent. This tastes more like a Matcha Banana Smoothie. You will taste the boldness of the Matcha Powder and the bananas add a creaminess to it. The blueberries and strawberries add a bit of sweetness and tang. I promise, you will love this Matcha Smoothie!
- Quick recipe! How To Make A Matcha Smoothie? Well, let’s see; do you happen to have a blender? If yes, then done! This is any easy recipe for you! Everything goes into a single blender. You’re basically just going to cut up some strawberries and bananas and that’s it. Or just throw a whole banana in the blender, it’s going to get blended up anyways.
- Very healthy! The Health Benefits of Matcha Green Tea are many. Here are just a few.
History Of Matcha Tea
The History Of Matcha Tea goes way back (roughly a thousand years back). This beverage was made and consumed during the time of dynasties ruling over China. We begin roughly during the time of the Tang Dynasty which covered the 7th and 10th centuries. The Tang Dynasty would steam the green tea leaves and then mold them into bricks which made the tea easier to transport. These bricks were then roasted and crushed into a powder which was then added to water. Matcha tea is a beverage commonly used in rituals and ceremonies which made it even more popular and commonplace. However, the ritual of making Matcha began in the 1500s when a Zen student standardized the tea ceremony. I guess you could say it’s a studious drink! Well, it does have it’s cognitive benefits so this makes sense!
Matcha Smoothie Recipe
- Almond milk
- Matcha powder
How To Make A Matcha Smoothie
- Cut up strawberries and bananas
- Add all ingredients into a high-powered blender with ice
- Blend until smooth
- Limit strawberries. You can vary the amount of strawberries you add to this smoothie but I would recommend limiting your portion of strawberries otherwise you will end up with a drink that looks brown and swampy; red things and green things make a muddy brown color.
- Freeze your bananas. If you freeze your bananas prior to making this smoothie it will be even creamier!
- Omit the strawberries and add more blueberries.
- Substitute almond milk for either coconut milk, oat milk, or hemp milk. Pretty much any nut milk will work!
If you enjoyed this Vegan Plate Matcha Smoothie, here are some others you may enjoy!
- Blueberry Spinach Smoothie
- Detox Tea Recipe
- Jasmine Tea
- Turmeric Smoothie
- Spinach Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Acai Bowl
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 banana, peeled
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup strawberries
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 3/4 cup ice
- 1/2 teaspoon Matcha powder
1. Cut up strawberries and bananas
2. Add all ingredients into a high-powered blender with ice
3. Blend until smooth
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 40Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 34mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 2g
The Vegan Plate attempts to provide accurate information. However, this nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. The nutritional information provided comes from online sources and calculations.