Mango Habanero Sauce is a tangy, sweet, and spicy hot sauce that you can put on almost anything! This Habanero Mango Sauce is made with habanero peppers, fresh mango, garlic, and a little brown sugar. This is the sauce that’ll make you the envy of the party!
What Is Mango Habanero Sauce?
This is a simple hot sauce made with fresh mango and habanero chilis. Mango Habanero Sauce can be used as a marinade, drizzled over tacos, or for chip-dipping!
How Spicy Is Habanero Mango Sauce?
How spicy do you want it to be? If you leave the seeds in the chilis then this will make the sauce much hotter. However, without the seeds this is only a mildly spicy hot sauce. While habanero chilis are one of the spicier chilis, I only use two in this recipe which won’t cause you to
What I Love About This Recipe
- It’s so delicious! Tangy and refreshing mango flavors sweetened with brown sugar and then spiced up with habanero chilis. Are we done here?
- Very easy to make. You’re working with only a few simple ingredients and everything goes into a blender. Cleanup will take only minutes!
- It’s vegan! All ingredients in this recipe are fresh and animal-free.
- It’s healthy. Except for the brown sugar, and there’s very little of it, every other ingredient in this recipe is healthy. Take for example mango; mango is a rich source of vitamin A which helps support a healthy immune system. Additionally, chili peppers are beneficial for weight loss because they help reduce appetite.(1)(2)
- Habanero chilis – Habanero chilis are one of the spicier chilis. However, we are only using 2 chilis in this recipe so it won’t be too hot. Just make sure you remove the seeds; leaving the seeds in will make your sauce much spicier.
- Mango – Use only fresh mango. Don’t even think about frozen mango!
- Brown sugar – This is one of the key ingredients because it enhances the flavor of the mango.
- Garlic – You won’t notice the garlic flavor that much. However, it adds a richness to the overall composition of the flavor; I wouldn’t do without it.
- Vinegar – Vinegar enhances the overall flavor of the sauce.
How To Make Mango Habanero Hot Sauce
- Prepare ingredients. Cut mango up into large slices, peel and mince garlic, stem and remove seeds from habanero chilis.
- Blend ingredients. Place mango, garlic, vinegar, and habaneros into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Cook sauce. Add a two tablespoons of water and brown sugar into a small pot and bring to a boil. Stir brown sugar to make sure it fully dissolves in the water. Pour mango puree into the pot with the brown sugar and simmer for 20 minutes.
Mango Habanero Sauce Recipe Tips
I have only one tip and it’s a precautionary one. It’s a good idea to wear gloves when handling habanero chilis. Skin becomes easily irritated when exposed to the oils and juice contained in habanero chilis. The burning sensation is, in my opinion, mild. However, if you have sensitive skin, why take the risk. I want you to enjoy your memories of making Mango Habanero Sauce so do me a favor and…wear some gloves.
How To Use Mango Habanero Sauce
- Use it as a dip with homemade tortilla chips.
- Drizzle it over some good Lentil Tacos or Vegan Chimichangas.
- Liven up veggies, like my Fajita Veggies, with a nice heaping spoonful of sauce.
I hope you love this Mango Habanero Sauce as much as I do! Here are some more sauce, salsa, and dip recipes you’ll love!
Tasty Sauces, Salsas, and Dips
- Guajillo Sauce
- Salsa Verde
- Lemon Dill Hummus
- Easy Chimichurri Sauce
- Vegan Ranch
- Vegan Nacho Cheese
- Salsa Taquera
- Beet Hummus
- Vegan Cashew Alfredo Sauce
- Avocado Sauce
- Chipotle Tomato Salsa
- Pineapple Habanero Salsa
- Mango Black Bean Salsa
- Pico De Gallo With Avocado
- Chipotle Corn Salsa
- Black Bean Corn Salsa
- Boom Boom Sauce
- Salsa Roja
- 2 Habanero chilis, stemmed and seeded
- 3 Tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1/2 Mango, peeled and cut into slices
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 3 Tablespoons white vinegar
- Cut mango into slices, peel and mince garlic, stem and remove seeds from habanero chilis.
- Place mango, garlic, habaneros, and vinegar into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add brown sugar and two tablespoons of water into a small pot and bring to a boil. Pour in mango puree and reduce heat to simmer. Cook for 20 minutes uncovered.
Habanero chilis can burn and irritate skin if handled without gloves. Please be careful and make sure you wear some!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 846Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 101mgSodium: 1994mgCarbohydrates: 97gFiber: 7gSugar: 65gProtein: 40g
The Vegan Plate attempts to provide accurate information. However, this nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. The nutritional information provided comes from online sources and calculations.