Mango Avocado Salad is refreshing, very healthy, and easy to make! Mango and Avocado Salad is made with fresh mango, avocado, red onion, lime juice, cilantro, and spices. This Mango Avocado Salad Recipe is light, refreshing, and a perfect balance between sweet and savory! We’re going to show you how to make this great recipe and talk a bit about some of the health benefits of mango and avocado.
Truly one of the best salads I’ve had because the combination of soft and creamy avocado with tangy mango is a wonderful flavor and texture pairing. The spices, cumin and chili powder, add a savory depth which compliments the bright mango and lime flavors well! This is also an extremely easy recipe to make with only a few ingredients and minimal preparation. Even better, this recipe is packed with nutrients which, for those who are health conscious, make this a great recipe to add to your weekly routine!
Mango Avocado Salad Recipe
- Red onion
- Olive Oil
- Lime juice
- Chili powder
- Maple syrup
How to Make Mango Avocado Salad
- Make dressing. In a large bowl mix together oil, syrup, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Add mango, avocado, and onion. Add mango, avocado, red onion, and cilantro; toss well to combine.
Recipe Tips and Variations
- Use ripe mangos and avocados for this recipe.
- Chop your mango and avocado into cube-shaped pieces; this makes the salad more uniform.
- Add some cherry tomatoes for extra flavor and color.
- Be gentle with avocados when mixing them into the salad so they don’t bruise.
- Add some lettuce which is a rather common ingredient for recipes of this type.
- Arugula would also work well in this recipe.
How to Know When a Mango is Ripe?
The best way to determine if a mango is ripe is to gently apply pressure to the surface of the fruit. If it’s ripe, it will give slightly. Additionally, ripe mangos have a slightly sweet smell.
How to Know When an Avocado is Ripe?
There’s a great trick to determine the ripeness of an avocado. Peel off the cap (which is where the avocado was attached to the a tree stem) and, if it’s green underneath, the avocado is ripe and ready to eat!
Storing Mango Avocado Salad
This salad should be eaten right after preparation. Even if refrigerated, avocados will begin to brown and lose freshness.
Health Benefits of Mango and Avocado
Both mango and avocado are extremely healthy. Let’s talk just a bit about some of the health benefits of both.
- Mangos are high in polyphenols (a type of antioxidant) which help protect your body from cell damage. (1)
- One of the main antioxidants in mango, mangiferin, promotes heart health. (2)
- Avocados may be beneficial for heart health because they are believed to increase good cholesterol and decrease bad cholesterol. (3)
- Avocados are also a rich source of antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compounds. (4)
Thank you for joining us for another great Vegan Plate recipe! Here are some great salad recipes you’ll love!
Vegan Salad Recipes
- Avocado Tomato Salad
- Cucumber Radish Salad
- Greek Potato Salad
- Strawberry Arugula Salad
- Shirazi Salad
- Mediterranean Salad
- Vegan Potato Salad
- Pasta Primavera
- Southwest Quinoa Salad
- Greek Quinoa Salad
- Vegan Macaroni Salad
- Mixed Berry Salad
Mango Avocado Salad
Mango Avocado Salad is refreshing and packed with flavor, very healthy and easy to make! Mango and Avocado Salad is made with fresh mango, avocado, red onion, lime juice, cilantro, and spices. This Mango Avocado Salad Recipe is light and refreshing; a perfect balance between sweet and savory! We're going to show you how to make this great recipe and talk a bit about some of the health benefits of mango and avocado.
For the Salad
- 2 mangos
- 2 avocados
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onion, diced
For the Dressing
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, add the olive oil, maple syrup, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper; whisky thoroughly to combine.
- Add mango, avocado, red onion, and cilantro and toss well to combine.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 368Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 147mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 10gSugar: 26gProtein: 4g
The Vegan Plate attempts to provide accurate information. However, this nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. The nutritional information provided comes from online sources and calculations.
Leave a Reply