The ultimate Vegan Nachos, generously covered with jalapeno ranch dressing and piled high with black bean and corn salsa. Perfect for a relaxing weekend treat or game day, this Vegan Nachos Recipe is a crowd-pleaser!
What I Love About This Recipe
I designed this recipe to capture the essence of traditional nachos. As a substitute for creamy nacho cheese, I used jalapeno ranch dressing which is drizzled over the tortilla chips first as a base. Then I pile on my black bean and corn salsa. Finally, pickled jalapenos and black olives are sprinkled over the top. Just like any good nacho recipe, this one is loaded with layers of flavor!
This Vegan Nachos Recipe is also much healthier than traditional nachos because we are omitting the nacho cheese.
Finally, it’s a rather easy recipe to make. The jalapeno ranch dressing comes together in minutes, as does the black bean and corn salsa. The final step is simply assembling your nacho platter. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
Recipe For Vegan Nachos
- Tortilla chips – a bag of your favorite tortilla chips.
- Black bean and corn salsa – Use my Black Bean and Corn Salsa recipe.
- Jalapeno ranch dressing – Use my Jalapeno Ranch Dressing recipe.
- Toppings – pickled jalapenos, black olives, and extra cilantro.
- Nacho cheese – substitute jalapeno ranch for my Vegan Nacho Cheese!
- Meat – substitute black bean and corn salsa for my Lentil Tacos meat or Chipotle Sofritas.
- Refried beans – substitute black beans for refried beans.
- Toppings – use guacamole instead of avocado. Add some chopped tomato or pico de gallo.
How To Make Vegan Nachos
- Make jalapeno ranch dressing. Add all dressing ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Pour dressing into a sealed mason jar and refrigerate for 30 minutes to let flavors combine.
- Make black bean and corn salsa. Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and toss to combine.
- Assemble nachos. Lay nachos out on a serving platter and drizzle dressing over the top. Then add a generous layer of black bean and corn salsa, covering each chip. Finally, garnish with pickled and fresh jalapeno pepper, black olives, and extra cilantro.
Vegan Nachos are the perfect appetizer for so many different recipes. Here are some suggestions to make your nacho experience even better!
- Serve with any of my salsa recipes: Salsa Taquera, Serrano Salsa, or Fire Roasted Salsa.
- Serve alongside your favorite traditional Mexican dishes like tacos, Vegan Chimichangas, or Fajita Veggies.
- Serve with a salad such as my Taco Salad or Southwest Quinoa Salad.
- Serve with extra jalapeno ranch or a side of my Vegan Ranch for dipping.
Looking For More Vegan Appetizers and Snacks?
- Avocado Toast with Sprouts
- Vegan Ceviche
- Lemon Dill Hummus
- Beet Hummus
- Garlic Wedge Fries
- Chipotle Corn Salsa
- Blistered Shishito Peppers
Looking for something else? Here are all my appetizers!
- 1 16-oz Bag of tortilla chips
For The Jalapeno Dressing
- 1 Cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1/4 Cup water
- 1/4 Cup cilantro
- 2 Green onions, chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 3 Tablespoons pickled jalapenos
- 2 Tablespoons brine from pickled jalapenos
- 1/2 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon onion powder
For The Black Bean And Corn Salsa
- 1/2 Cup canned corn, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 Cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 Cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon jalapeno, minced
- 1 Avocado, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice.
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Make your jalapeno ranch dressing and pour it into a mason jar and refrigerate for 30 minutes while you prepare the salsa.
- Make black bean and corn salsa.
- Assemble nachos by pouring bag of tortilla chips out onto a serving platter, cover with jalapeno ranch dressing, top with black bean and corn salsa, and garnish with pickled jalapenos, black olives, and extra cilantro.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 201Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 300mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g
The Vegan Plate attempts to provide accurate information. However, this nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. The nutritional information provided comes from online sources and calculations.