Chopped Kale Salad is packed with fresh, crunchy, bite-sized veggies and garnished with almonds, raisins, and sunflower seeds. Crunchy Kale Salad is served with a lemon ginger dressing which adds a punch of bright flavors to this savory and sweet salad. Detox Kale Salad is not only delicious but loaded with fresh ingredients to rejuvenate the body!
What We Love About This Recipe
- Great taste and texture. I often get cravings for something crunchy which is why this salad recipe is perfect! The crisp texture of the bite-sized veggies in this salad really hit the spot! The flavors are is a great balance of savory and sweet; sweet raisins and carrots combined with bitter kale and a bright lemon ginger dressing is the perfect pairing!
- Very easy to make. This recipe comes together in twenty minutes or less with little to no cleanup!
- Extremely healthy! We don’t call it “Detox Kale Salad” for no reason. Not only are the ingredients in this salad healthy but the dressing as well. Loaded with nutrients and antioxidants, this recipe makes the top ten for healthiest salads in our inventory. Let’s take a look at some of the ingredients and talk about the health benefits surrounding them. Kale, cauliflower, and broccoli are loaded with antioxidants which combat harmful oxidative damage to the body’s cells. Some studies have shown that ginger may be beneficial for maintaining healthy weight. Finally, lemons are not only a great source of vitamin C but enhance the body’s ability to absorb iron from plant sources such as kale. (1)(2)(3)
How to Make Chopped Kale Salad
- Place chopped kale, cauliflower, broccoli, parsley, sliced carrots, celery, raisins, almonds, and sunflower seeds in a mixing bowl. Pour salad dressing into the bowl and toss to combine.
How to Prepare the Dressing
- Pour all dressing ingredients into a mason jar. Place the lid on the jar and shake well to combine. You can also place all dressing ingredients into a small bowl and whisk them together.
How to Prepare Kale
- Rinse the kale under cold water. Make sure to open up the kale leaves exposing any hidden areas covered with dirt.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the kale along the edges of the stem where it connects to the leaves.
- Roll up the individual kale leaves and slice them using a sharp knife.
You can also massage the kale leaves to soften them by placing them into a bowl, pouring a small amount of olive oil onto the leaves, and gently massaging them with your hands.
Which Type of Kale is Best For This Salad?
There are several different varieties of kale: curly kale, dinosaur kale, and red kale. In this recipe we used dinosaur kale which has a rougher, meatier texture and compliments the “crunchy” theme of this Chopped Kale Salad recipe. However, curly kale would also work well for this salad.
- Add hemp hearts.
- Substitute cranberries for raisins.
- Add sliced green onions.
- Substitute pistachios for almonds.
- Add shredded cabbage.
- Substitute pepitas for sunflower seeds.
More Easy Vegan Salad Recipes
- Vegan Macaroni Salad
- Southwest Quinoa Salad
- Greek Quinoa Salad
- Cucumber Radish Salad
- Greek Potato Salad
- Vegan Ceviche
- Shirazi Salad
- Mixed Berry Salad
- Tomato Cucumber Salad
- Taco Salad
See all of our Vegan Salad Recipes on The Vegan Plate
- 1 Cup kale, stem removed and sliced
- 2 Cups cauliflower, chopped
- 2 Cups broccoli, chopped
- 1 Cup parsley, chopped
- 1 Cup celery, sliced
- 1 Cup carrots, shredded
- 1/3 Cup raisins
- 1/3 Cup sunflower seeds
- 1/3 Cup almonds, sliced
For the Dressing
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 Cup lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- Place all cut salad ingredients into a mixing bowl. Add dressing and toss to combine.
For the Dressing
- Place all dressing ingredients into a mason jar with lid and shake well or place all ingredients into a small bowl and whisk together.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 177Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 741mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 7gSugar: 11gProtein: 6g
The Vegan Plate attempts to provide accurate information. However, this nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. The nutritional information provided comes from online sources and calculations.