This Buffalo Sauce Recipe is a must-have; it’s perfect for spicing up veggie dips or for dunking any of your favorite fried appetizers. The best part is that it tastes exactly like restaurant-quality Buffalo Wing Sauce!
I love Buffalo Wing Sauce! Sadly, I’m a late arrival to the Buffalo Sauce fan-club; it was only a few years ago that I tried it for the first time. I was at an Islands restaurant and the waiter accidentally brought out a side of this sauce along with the fries we ordered. I dipped a few of my fries into the sauce and I’ve been a convert ever since!
What Is Buffalo Sauce?
Buffalo Sauce and Buffalo Wings are often used interchangeably. The sauce is a mixture of hot sauce and butter; it’s brushed over chicken wings to make Buffalo Wings. Buffalo Wings have been around since 1964 when they were created by a bar owner in Buffalo, New York. Sports bars will often serve them during Super Bowl Sunday where they are a favorite appetizer.
Is Buffalo Sauce Vegan?
For our purposes, I’ve used vegan butter and Worcestershire to make this a vegan recipe. Additionally, this sauce is so good that you don’t need to brush it over chicken; it can be used as a dip for pretty much anything and it’s still amazing.
Buffalo Sauce Recipe
For full recipe details, please see the recipe card at the end of this post. What follows is just a brief summary of the ingredients and instructions used to make this sauce.
- Hot sauce – I recommend using only Frank’s Red Hot, original hot sauce.
- Vegan Worcestershire Sauce – Worcestershire sauce is traditionally made with anchovies. I use a vegan version which omits them.
- Vegan butter – This is the key ingredient. Fortunately, the vegan butter that’s available nowadays tastes almost exactly like regular butter. Butter makes the sauce creamy and adds a ton of flavor.
- Garlic powder
How To Make Buffalo Sauce
- Melt butter. Melt the butter in a small pot over medium heat.
- Mix together all ingredients. Add in the hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic powder; whisk to combine. Let sauce simmer for a couple minutes while whisking and then remove from heat.
Buffalo Wing Sauce goes great with so many different appetizers. Here are a few ideas.
Finally, you can also serve it with a veggie dip alongside other dips like my Vegan Ranch or Jalapeño Ranch Dressing.
Buffalo Wing Sauce will keep for up to a week if refrigerated in an airtight container. You can reheat the sauce by scooping it into a small pot and heating it over medium-low heat.
Looking For More Sauces?
This Buffalo Sauce Recipe is a must-have; it's perfect for spicing up veggie dips or for dunking any of your favorite fried appetizers. The best part is that it tastes exactly like restaurant-quality Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 2/3 Cup hot sauce (use Frank's RedHot)
- 1/4 Teaspoon vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 Cup vegan butter
- 1/4 Teaspoon garlic powder
- Place cold butter in a medium-sized pot and melt it over medium heat.
- Add in the hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic powder; whisk to combine.
- Let the sauce simmer for a couple of minutes then remove from heat and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 107Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 7mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 0g
The Vegan Plate attempts to provide accurate information. However, this nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. The nutritional information provided comes from online sources and calculations. https://theveganplate.com/privacy-policy-2/
Leave a Reply