Looking for a great breakfast smoothie? Look no further than this Blueberry Spinach Smoothie! Made with frozen blueberries, spinach, banana, and oat milk, this healthy smoothie is a great way to start your day! This recipe takes minutes to make and only includes 4 main ingredients. If you’re trying to add more greens to your diet without tasting them, this Blueberry Banana Spinach Smoothie is the way to go! This Spinach Blueberry Smoothie will energize you and leave you feeling full and satisfied until lunch time.
This Blueberry Spinach Smoothie is one of my favorite go-to drinks for breakfast! I especially love it during summer when I’m not in the mood for anything heavy or hot for breakfast. This is probably one of the simplest recipes you can make because there are only 4 main ingredients. I’ll typically buy a large bag of frozen blueberries so I can make this drink several times a week. The secret to making this recipe truly great are the frozen bananas; they make the smoothie even more creamy and frosty!
The other great thing about this recipe is that you won’t taste the spinach. I’ve found that spinach, if used moderately, goes virtually undetected in most smoothies, making this a great recipe if you’re trying to add some extra greens to your diet. Trying to get your kids to eat more greens? This is the way to do it! Just quickly sneak a handful into the blender and they’ll never know!
So, enough talk; grab your blender and let’s whip up a Blueberry Banana Smoothie!
Blueberry Spinach Smoothie Recipe
- Frozen blueberries
- Oat milk
How to Make Spinach Blueberry Smoothie
- Add ingredients to blender. Place blueberries, banana, spinach, oat milk, water, and ice into a blender.
- Blend ingredients. Blend on high for 30 seconds to a minute.
- Add oats to make your smoothie more filling and nutrient dense.
- Use any plant-based milk of your choosing. Almond or coconut milk would work well in this recipe.
- Add additional berries like raspberries or strawberries.
- Throw in some chia seeds for extra antioxidants and nutrients. Chia seeds will also curb hunger cravings.
- Add your favorite nut butter. Almond butter would work great since the flavor is more subtle than peanut butter.
Health Benefits of Blueberries
While it’s common knowledge that blueberries are healthy, many people may not know just how healthy they are. Blueberries are believed to have more antioxidants than almost any other fruit. It’s because of this reason that they’re so beneficial for protecting our bodies from DNA damage which is a main culprit in the aging process. Studies have also shown that blueberries may reduce blood pressure. (1)(2)(3)
That’s why this is such a great recipe to have on hand. Drink to your health every morning!
Looking for more great plant-based smoothie recipes to get your mornings started off right?
Dairy-Free Smoothies and Drinks
- Spinach Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Turmeric Smoothie
- Matcha Smoothie
- Acai Bowl
- Strawberry Milk
- Banana Milk
- Jasmine Tea
- How To Make Oat Milk
- 1 Cup blueberries, frozen
- 1 Cup bananas, sliced
- 3/4 Cup spinach
- 1 Cup oat milk
- 1 1/2 Cups water
- 1/4 Cup ice
- Place blueberries, spinach, oat milk, banana, water, and ice in a blender.
- Blend on high until smooth.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 204Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 62mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 7gSugar: 28gProtein: 4g
The Vegan Plate attempts to provide accurate information. However, this nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. The nutritional information provided comes from online sources and calculations.