Banana Milk is smooth and creamy and works well as either a drink by itself or as a base for shakes and smoothies. With only 3 simple ingredients and almost no cleanup, this Banana Almond Milk will be on your regular playlist of recipes!
This is really one of the easiest recipes; there’s no preparation of ingredients required, everything goes into a blender, and cleanup is minimal. Banana Almond Milk is the perfect drink to make in the morning if you’re in a rush because it comes together so quickly!
- Banana – I use frozen banana because it makes the milk nice and cold; it also produces creamier, frothier banana milk.
- Almond milk – You can also use coconut milk or oat milk.
- Water – Water thins out the milk so it doesn’t turn into a shake.
How to Make Banana Milk
- Blend all ingredients. Add banana, non-dairy milk, and water to a blender; blend until smooth and creamy.
- Serve immediately. Or, store for up to 3 days in an sealed mason jar.
Banana Milk should really be consumed the day it’s made and, being such a simple recipe, there’s really no reason to make it in bulk. However, it will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days if sealed in a mason jar.
- Use ripe bananas if you want your milk to be sweeter.
- Freeze bananas by cutting them into small pieces, and storing them in the freezer in a freezer bag. Frozen bananas will not only make your milk colder but creamier.
- For thicker milk, you replace the water in this recipe with an equal amount of almond milk or other plant-based milk of your choosing.
- Turn it into a Korean Banana Milk. The Korean version is a similar recipe but includes maple syrup and vanilla extract; add a tablespoon of maple syrup and a quarter teaspoon of vanilla.
- Sweeten it up. You can sweeten your milk up by adding either dates, maple syrup, raw sugar, or agave to the recipe.
- Spice it up. Add some cinnamon or pumpkin spice for an added richness of flavor.
- Chia seeds. Enhance the nutritional value of your milk by adding some chia seeds. Chia seeds are also great for curbing appetite which will help turn this drink into more of a meal replacement.
What Else Can I Use Banana Milk For?
Is This Recipe Healthy?
With only 3 ingredients and banana being the most prominent of the group, let’s discuss the health benefits of banana. Banana are…
- A great source of fiber; fiber is believed to be beneficial for both digestion and regulating blood sugar levels.(1)(2)
- Beneficial for promoting weight loss. Because banana is high in fiber and has very few calories, it’s an ideal food for weight loss.
- Beneficial for heart health; bananas are high in both potassium as well as magnesium, both of which are important for maintaining a healthy heart.
This Recipe Is…
Vegan, vegetarian, plant-based, gluten-free, and dairy-free
Looking For More Healthy Drinks?
- Strawberry Milk
- Spinach Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Turmeric Smoothie
- Detox Tea Recipe
- Carrot Ginger Juice
- Jasmine Tea
- How To Make Oat Milk
- 1 Banana, frozen
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1/2 Cup almond milk
- Add frozen banana, water, and almond milk to a blender and blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator in a sealed mason jar for up to 3 days.
- You can sweeten up the banana milk by adding either dates, maple syrup, agave, or raw sugar to the recipe.
- Add some chia seeds for added nutrients.
- Spice it up by adding cinnamon and vanilla.
- To make this recipe a Korean Banana Milk, add a tablespoon of maple syrup and a quarter teaspoon of vanilla.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 67Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 5mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 2gSugar: 9gProtein: 1g
The Vegan Plate attempts to provide accurate information. However, this nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. The nutritional information provided comes from online sources and calculations.